Community

Mindset Computer  

RSS

8-Bit Classics
(@koltz)
Member Admin
12/12/2018 2:59 pm  

I recently picked up a Mindset Computer and thought I would share a couple things. It was great for the first couple minutes until the Magic Smoke left it so I will have to do some work to replace the capacitors on it.

Here is a little info about it from Curt Vendel's website, Atari Museum. Mindset Computer was started by a set of engineers who left Atari. 

"Roger Badertscher - former President of the Atari Home Computer Division left in 1981 and began work with a new start up computer company called Mindset.   There goal was to build an IBM compatible system, but with better graphics and sound capabilities then other PC's.    Most of Mindset's company was made up of former Atari Home Computer Division management and engineers.   In essence the Mindset computer was an Atari computer system and just the type of computer system Atari's own computer division truly needed to make people view it as a more serious computer company."

I will add more to this thread as I have time. But here are a couple things from my purchase. Unit was from a Mindset dealer in California. Three letters from Mindset including one about their bankruptcy and reorganization and one that includes their clipart/logo.

If posting on another site, please reference via a link back. Thank you.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by 8-Bit Classics

ReplyQuote
8-Bit Classics
(@koltz)
Member Admin
12/12/2018 3:45 pm  

Here are some images from the original auction, 

Mindset Computer #1

Mindset Computer #2

Mindset Computer #3

Mindset Computer #4

Mindset Computer #5