GET READY FOR NEW C128 PSU
The old Commodore C64 PSU is the most common C64 failure cause ever. We know it and thanks to our continuous educating mission, most of C64 users are aware of this fact already. That's good! The C128 model was equipped with better PSU by default, but it can also fail after 35 years... here is the modern replacement with specific and rare rectangular DIN 5-pin plug.
Our C128 PSU is modern, replacement power supply unit for Commodore C128. Provides stable filtered 5VDC (up to 4.0A) by industrial grade AC/DC power supply and full 9VAC (1.1A) by classic heavy-duty linear transformer unit. It is all integrated into small enclosure and dimensions 2x smaller than the original Commodore 128 PSU. Durable, professionally molded enclosure assures good air ventilation, mechanical protection and electrical isolation.
THE FULL FEATURED C128 PSU
- Commodore C128 compatible
- Stabilized & filtered 5VDC up to 4.0A output (20W)
- 9VAC up to 1.1A (10VA) output by real heavy-duty trafo (new model, now voltage matches the original!)
- Carefully calibrated for C128 reference load
- Multiple active & passive over current and over voltage protections
- Fully isolated, fused on AC and DC side
- Power On/Off switch
- Status LED (green for 5VDC)
- Long output cables (1.8m) with rectangular DIN 5-pin plug
- Fixed input AC cable
- Weight only 0.6 KG (2x less than original PSU)
- Runs COLD!
UNIQUE FEATURES & QUALITY
Stay with the original Electroware products to gain top build quality, unique features unavailable with the clone products:
- ON/OFF switch (save the environment by turning the PSU off totally and save your C64's main switch as it broke very often)
- Fixed 1.8m cable
- Status LED (green)
- 100% repairable, easy to disassemble by qualified technician, spare parts available.
- All electric cables terminated with the industrial grade, detachable wire-to-board connectors. There's no amateur and dangerous direct wire-to-board soldering!
Protection & Adjustment hardware feature is offering the basic 5VDC voltage fine tuning feature in safe limited range of 4.9-5.3 VDC (readings for C64C connected as a reference load). Now you can set the exact 5VDC for your system as due to the ageing and variety of modern peripherals available nowadays, the current draw and voltage drop on the cable (and on/off switch) is different for each particular C64 system. As the current PSU is universal and 4A capable it's possible to power the C128 computer with use of C64-tio-C128 cable adapter. At lease the basic voltage adjustment is the great option when switching from C64 to C128 and opposite as C128 draws much more current and causes larger voltage drop on the cable, connectors and computer's power switch.